QADEX is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users and Members. QADEX uses any personal information you submit to us in accordance with this policy. The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 requires us to ensure that any personal information you provide us is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data;
For the purposes of EU data protection laws, QADEX is the data processor in relation to any personal information you submit. The data controller is/are your Customer(s) with whom you have a commercial contract, and who choose to use the Qadex system in order to process the required data.
You can contact QADEX by emailing us at email@example.com by telephone on +8453024780 or by mail at Qadex, Oak Business Centre, 79-93 Ratcliffe Road, Sileby, Leicestershire LE12 7PU.
What Personal Data do we record?
Your personal information is only collected when
- Voluntarily submitted by you to us either during the registration process to become a Member or if you contact us for any reason.
- Supplied to us by your Customer (the Data Controller) as part of their contractual agreement with your business, or their legitimate business interests.
Any personal information you provide will only be viewed by us and Members who have been given permission by you to view this information. Such personal information includes
- Identity Data, such as your name,
- Contact Data, such as your business email address and business telephone numbers,
- Profile Data feedback and survey responses,
- Technical Data, including IP addresses, your Qadex log-in data, system responses, browser type and version, time-zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website,
- Usage Data, including information about how you use our website, pages and
- Update Information, such as your preferences in receiving updates from us and your communication preferences.
When you use our website or subscribe to our service as a Member, you agree to our use of the information that you provide to us in accordance with this policy.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into, with you,
- where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, and your interests and rights do not override those interests, or
- Where we have consent
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not use ‘special category’ information.
Purposes for which we use your Personal Data.
We use your information in a number of ways:
|Purposes for which we hold the personal information||Legal Basis|
|To Register you as a Member User on QADEX||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.|
|To Register you as a Supplier User on QADEX||It is in our legitimate business interests to register suppliers in order to ensure that the contracts that we have in place with the Qadex Member (Data Controller) are met.|
|To process and exchange technical documents between a Supplier User and QADEX Member on the system||It is in our legitimate business interests to process the data to and from suppliers in order to ensure that the contracts that we have in place with the Qadex Member (Data Controller) are met.|
|To allow the use of other functions available to QADEX Members (Reporting, Internal Records, Internal Assessments)||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.|
|To manage Qadex Member queries or complaints||It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.|
|To manage Supplier User queries or complaints||It is in our legitimate business interests to process the data to and from suppliers in order to ensure that the contracts that we have in place with the Qadex Member (Data Controller) are met.|
|To track the training of users on specific tasks and functionalities as part of the on-line training functionality||It is in our legitimate business interests to track trainig in order to ensure that the contracts that we have in place with the Qadex Member (Data Controller) are met and user has the best possible experience of the system.|
|To contact you to invite you to user forums, seminars and workshops associated with the QADEX System and User Experience.||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests, namely to develop products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers, improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|To contact you to undertake user satisfaction surveys.||It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests improving user experience with our sites.|
|To provide you with updates on our services and functionality||This will be done after you give your consent for us to do. You can subscribe to the update service and consent can be withdrawn at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the communications.|
|We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.|
What about “cookies”?
When you first visit the website, we may send you a cookie.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s when you visit the website and makes use of the website easier and quicker for you.
How secure is my data?
We take security of your data stored in our systems seriously. Qadex is a secure environment and transfer in and out of the system is encrypted.
All information you provide to us is stored on AmazonAWS in the EU (Ireland) or our secure servers in the United Kingdom.
Please see our Qadex Server and Data Security Policy for further details:
Disclosure of your information
In addition to your customer we may share your information with the following third parties:
|Email Services||How we manage our electronic communication with you. This is done through the Qadex System or Gmail.|
|IT Services||Your data is located on AmazonAWS in the EU (Ireland) or UK2 in the UK (EU) and does not leave the EU (Ireland and UK). As part of our other business systems we store some data on secure G Cloud under G Suite Agreements that have been updated in accordance with the GDPR. Kartra is a service we use for emailing news about the system and has also been updated in accordance with GDPR.|
|Mailing Services||Addressing of printed material will be provided by Qadex System and then delivered by the Royal Mail.|
|Social Media||We use the services of Google, LinkedIn, and Twitter as part of our customer engagement|
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will we store your Personal Information?
We will store your personal information as follows:
|Legal basis||Length of time|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us||We will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us|
|Where we use/store your data because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests||We will use/store your data until you ask us to change it, or stop. However, if we can demonstrate the reason why we are using/storing your data overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, then we will continue to use and store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you/ your customer and us (or, if earlier, we no longer have a legitimate interest in using/storing your data)|
Access to personal information – Your Rights
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016
- You have a right to access the information we hold about you free-of-charge.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you.
- Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where:
- the information we hold about you is inaccurate;
- we are unlawfully using your information;
- we no longer need to use the information; or
- we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information.
- You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format.
- Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct QADEX software and service communications purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact our customer services team by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe we are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that we collect about you
QADEX Software & Service Communications:
From time to time Qadex may communicate some news of updates to our products on system or via email. Emails are sent via Kartra which is also GDPR compliant and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Changes to this statement
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. By accessing any part of this site, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.