Want a better way of managing non-conformances? You're in the right place!
Which issues will our Non-Conformity Management System correct?
- Non-conformances (CAPA) are not being managed consistently in real time across your business.
- Supplier performance issues are not being picked up quickly enough.
- Supplier non-performance can have substantial service level impacts.
- Outstanding non-conformances are being chased manually and inconsistently.
- Sharing information relating to “problem” suppliers is ad-hoc.
- Supplier scorecarding is difficult.
- Site performance issues are not being picked up after, or in a risk assessment before, and resolved quickly enough.
Non-Conformance Reporting Systems in the Industry
When it comes to non-conformance management, we come across many organisations that are still manually managing non-conformances via emails, spreadsheets and meetings.
All of which make life a little more difficult than need be. The GFSI recognises the ease and effectiveness of digital quality management systems as part of successful HACCP systems.
Our system enables you to automate supplier quality monitoring with workflows to ensure prompt closure of non-conformances. If you experience some of the following challenges then we have the solution.
Which standards will our Non-Conformance Software help a business comply with?
Whether BRCGS, GFSI, ISO 22000, ISO 9001, Retailer Standards or your own food safety standards, a common theme across all is that a non conformance reporting system is required. The reasons are simple, life is not always straight forwards, producing food that is safe, legal and meets quality standards, day in and day out at scale is not always going to go to plan.
Things will go wrong, or not be done correctly, this is where your non conformity management system becomes invaluable. Our non-conformance software removes the hassle and stress to non-conformance management and automatically provides intelligence to enable improvements which you can demonstrate to auditors and internal senior management.
An Outline of the Non-Conformity Process
Typically a non-conformance can arise from a number of sources
- External auditors auditing against BRC, GFSI or retailer standards.
- Internal audits.
- Goods in checks.
- QA checks.
- Internal near misses.
- Issues identified during production.
- Customer complaints.
- Supplier approval processes.
- Raw material approval processes.
Once a non-conformance is identified our non-conformance software will assign it to the right person or department responsible, whether that is internal or external for a supplier.
Depending on the severity of the non-conformance and how the non-conformance management system has been defined will determine the timescale that each non-conformance needs to be resolved within. Typically the more serious the non-conformance the shorter the timescale.
The recipient of the non-conformance will now have to complete an investigation, identify what has gone wrong, ideally identify a corrective action and preventative action. The corrective action is designed to fix the problem and the preventative action is designed to ensure that the issue does not recur.
Best practice is to complete a “root cause analysis” to identify “why” the problem arose. Addressing the “root-cause” and then taking steps to address the root cause will not only ensure that the probability of recurrence is lower but will also likely to solve other unrelated problems.
Businesses who really get a handle on non-conformance management using our non-conformance software and the associated non-conformance reporting system will transform their food safety and quality systems over time.
Key Features of Our Non-Conformance Management Software
- Configurable non-conformance types provides a company wide standard non-conformance reporting system for the generation and life cycle of non- conformances.
- Configurable deadlines for closure of each type of non-conformance provides the satisfaction of knowing that the non-conformance software is automatically managing the urgency of each non-conformance consistently over time.
- Configurable non-conformance numbering removes the irritation of different numbering systems when a new system is implemented and provides continuity from existing non-conformity management systems.
- Can be used for internal audits and/or supplier non-conformances. Regardless of non-conformance source, everyone is happy knowing that the non-conformance software is handling all non-conformances consistently.
- Internal non-conformances can be assigned to individuals and/or teams, avoiding the irritation of realising a non-conformance has been assigned to someone who is out of the office on annual leave and unable to respond.
- Easy to raise a non-conformance either from desktop or away from desk using the QADEX App in online or offline mode.
- Non-conformances can be assigned to products supplied, by supplier, to provide awesome reporting dashboards which provide actionable insights.
- When raising non-conformances, users can flag whether or not evidence of the corrective action (CAPA) is required. No more will auditors have the hassle of colleagues and/or suppliers returning corrective actions without evidence, if this is required as part of the non-conformity management system.
- When raising a non-conformance the frequency of reminder emails can be customised so that auditors can win friends and influence colleagues by respecting their wishes with the frequency of reminders for outstanding non-conformances.
- When raising a non-conformance evidence such as photographs can be attached. A picture is worth a thousand words, so auditors can attach multiple pictures, if required, to each non-conformance.
- When raising a non-conformance deadlines can be customised meaning that urgent non-conformances can be treated as a priority. Colleagues will be delighted that they are being provided with reasonable timescales to complete less urgent corrective actions or corrective actions that naturally require more time to complete. The result is a non-conformance reporting system that colleagues are more likely to engage with and use.
- Recipients of non-conformances receive an email notification with an easy to use link which takes then directly to the non-conformance so that they can respond easily. The non-conformance software App version provides an easy to use interface allowing colleagues to respond quickly, from anywhere, offline or online.
- Automatic reminders to recipient for outstanding non-conformances, frequency customisable, from within the non-conformance reporting software, ensures there is no excuse for forgetting outstanding non-conformances.
- Extensive reporting dashboard provides powerful graphics of trends and patterns with the ability to drill down into data and customise your non-conformance reporting system formats.
What is the ‘cost’ of a poor non-conformity management system?
The cost of non-conformance will vary from business to business. Failures to meet standards resulting in non-conformances will have a cost of getting the product to the stage when it failed quality checks, there may be rework costs and post delivery costs such as extra quality checks or delivery charges. Where non-conformances are the result of retailer / customer audits there can be substantial commercial and reputational impacts depending on the type of non-conformance.
The biggest cost may be the missed improvement opportunities if the non-conformity management system is not being used proactively by the entire business.