Support delivery of a strong food safety culture
Ensure everyone knows what they need to do, how to do it, and have demonstrated understanding, if required. Intuitive and easy to use knowledge management can support the development of a strong food safety culture.
Want a better way of managing documents & knowledge? You're in the right place!
Which challenges would our Document Management System Software solve?
The biggest challenge, even for document management software solutions is helping users find information within your document management system. QADEX have solved this problem with some unique functionalities that no other food safety document management system contain. This functionality is so cool were are not going to publish it here. To find out more give us a shout.
There is a significant administrative burden managing all of the policies, procedures and checklists inherent in your quality management system (QMS). A system that tracks electronic documents, regardless of type of document and the food standards that you are operating against saves time and is easier to implement and maintain.
Storage, management and dissemination of electronic documents that encompass policies, certifications and standard operating procedures is often unstructured. This increases the risk that compliance requirements are not met and your food business is at risk of audit non-conformances. Your document management system is supposed to keep all these documents up to date at all times, but without document management software this can be challenging.
Visibility of local and product/process specific standard operating procedures is inconsistent. This increases the risk of audit non-conformances or product quality, safety and legality issues. Having a document management system (dms) which converts everything into electronic documents which are searchable using optical character recognition (ocr) ensures that everyone is accessing the right documents at all times.
There is no structured approach for the storage, management and dissemination of reference standards such as GFSI, Retailer COP’s, Industry Standards. Manual systems involve you having to store documents in shared drives with inconsistent access controls and increased likelihood of inconsistent application of processes and procedures against the various food standards for your business. This is further complicated as the range of standards your sites need to comply with within your document management system is constantly evolving.
Incorrect policies and procedures are sometimes applied. This often happens when parts of the business are using out of date documents due to a lack of a robust document management system or failings in internal audit processes. The consequences of this can be as severe as product recalls when out of date labels are applied to products with incorrect allergen labeling, for example. Document Management Software such as QADEX reduces this risk by ensuring all compliance requirements are met at all times by all users.
A single source of truth for all types of documents is not available. How often in your business are there examples of different versions of a document or procedure in existence. Which version is correct, what are the implications of an operator using an incorrect process or checklist? Prevent these problems with a robust food safety document management system.
Which tasks can our Document and Knowledge Management System Software take care of?
All aspects of your food safety management system or health and safety document management can be managed through the QADEX document management software. These documents are often managed using paper based systems resulting in a wide range of challenges. Using QADEX for food safety document management you can:
- Create and manage all food safety policies, procedures and checklists. All of your food safety management system documents or health and safety documents can be converted into online documents and managed efficiently and slickly rather than trying to do everything manually using shared drives or office 365.
- Set review cycles for all documents ensures that your document management solution automatically notifies document owners when documents require review.
- Circulate food safety management system documents to colleagues for review and approval. This ensures that document management includes relevant stakeholders.
- Automatically manage document version control. When a document is updated the document management software automatically updates version numbering.
- Automatically distribute policies and procedures to all colleagues throughout the business and get verification that the content has been received. Verification options include confirmation of receipt, through assessments to confirm understanding and onto internal auditor reviews to ensure that colleagues have demonstrated that they are correctly following the correct procedures.
- If necessary assessments can be set for colleagues to demonstrate understanding, this also provides easy to use audit trails for staff training records. Assessments can be scored automatically to identify pass/fails or can be reviewed prior to a pass/fail grade being applied.
- Video content can be streamed to staff to watch on their smartphones. A picture is worth a thousand words, particularly in food businesses where staff with many different languages can be working side by side. For many of these people English is often their second language. Converting procedures into short instructional videos which can be streamed by staff on their smartphones brings your food safety procedures to life
Can it be integrated with QADEX’s Food Safety system?
Yes. QADEX is a fully integrated, modular, solution which is used by over 16,000 food factories globally to deliver digital transformation of food safety, new product development, consumer care, supply chain mapping and of course document management.
I’m terrible at keeping track of documents, what happens if one gets accidentally deleted?
All paper based document are digitised and managed through the document management system. if you were to accidentally delete a document the software will have retained copies in the archive.
Is it a Cloud-based solution?
Yes, anywhere you have access to the internet you have access to your documents. All popular browsers are supported including mobile devices.
How much can the Document Management System Software help with compliance?
All aspects of compliance with food safety standards or health and safety laws can be automated through the document management system.